Get Ready Before Your Trips
- Activate roaming service call *118# or 1678 dtac call center before travelling
- To check available package and service fee in each country, click here
- Check your International Service service prior to your departure at *1018.
- Check if your dtac prepaid usage days and credit balance are sufficient for abroad usage. The System will automatically deduct for service charge upon application or usage. If credit balance is lower than indicated service rates, you won’t be able to use your phone abroad
Tip: You can prepare your top up card from Thailand for your top up during the trips via express service channel *100*phone number card code #.
- During your time abroad
Services you can use;
- Outcalls and receiving calls
- SMS sending and receiving
- New! Data roaming usage service
- MMS sending and receiving
- Automated reply service (IVR), audio text service and special number service
- Other services applied before usage abroad
- dtac prepaid customers can contact call center +662-202-8100 (24 hours free of charge) for any roaming assistant while abroad.
Note : If you use your dtac prepaid number in 9 provinces along the border of Thailand which are; Nongkhai, Nakorn Panom, Mukdaharn, Aumnajchareon, Ubonrajchathani, Sri Saket, Sra Kaew, Surin, and Burirum, we suggest you to deactivate International Roaming Service to prevent an automatic connection to international networks which will incur unintended expenses.
To activate and deactivate roaming service via dtac app download via or
How to activate and deactivate roaming service via dtac app
Knowing International Service
Enjoy your trip wherever in the world with International Service, an international roaming service from dtac prepaid that enables you to use your number abroad for calls, SMS and internet usage in more than 60 popular countries worldwide. Just activate International Service via 1678 dtac call center for package application so you never miss out any communication.
Before travelling abroad: kindly study International Service details prior to your trips such as service rates, coverage countries and other good-to-know information so you happily enjoy your trip thoroughly. To check the service rates and coverage countries click
How to Turning on-off International Service : Please contact dtac call center 1678 before travelling
Note : If you use your dtac prepaid number in 9 provinces along the edge of Thailand territory which are; Nongkhai, Nakorn Panom, Mugdaharn, Aumnajchareon, Ubonrajchathani, Sri Saket, Sra Kaew, Surin and Burirum, we suggest you to deactivate International Service to prevent automatic connection to international Networks which will incur unintended expenses.
For your uninterrupted communication throughout your trip, customers are encouraged to study certain information prior to your trips per the following;
- Domestic calls
When you are abroad, you can call numbers of that country for both landline and mobile numbers without dialing country code
Dial area code – phone numbers.
Example: you are in Singapore and want to call 089-680-xxxx you can dial 089-680-xxxx without putting in country code.
Service rates (domestic calls) as shown in service rates page
- Calls to Thailand
When you are abroad, you can call numbers of Thailand for both landline and mobile numbers
Example: you are in Singapore and want to call Thai number 081-666-xxxx, begin the calls with country code for example +6681-666-xxxx (Thailand country code is 66).
Service rates (calls to Thailand) as shown in service rates page.
- Calls to other countries
When you are abroad, you can call numbers of other countries
Example: you are in Singapore and want to call USA number 0704-423-5231 you can dial +1 0704-423
Service rates (international calls) as shown in service rates page.
- Calls to other dtac prepaid numbers in that country
When you are abroad, you can call dtac prepaid numbers in that country
Example: you are in Singapore and want to call dtac prepaid number 084-655-xxxx in Singapore you can dial +6681-655-xxxx.
Service rates (domestic calls) as shown in service rates page.
Initial Problem Solving
In case your mobile cannot receive Network signals. If your screen will not display Network name or show “Emergency only”, “Forbidden Network”, “No Access” or “Access Denied” then it means your mobile cannot receive Network signal automatically, solve this problem by;
- Choose Network by yourself (Manual Network Selection), if problem still persists, try changing usage location and choose Network manually again. You must check country and service Networks in advance.
- Check your SIM card with other mobile phones. If it works normally, it means that your mobile device might have problems. Or try other SIM cards in your mobile dive, if works normally then your SIM card might have problems.
In the case of mobile phones can receive Network signal but cannot place or accept calls, solve by;
- Check if you have suspended outcalls or incoming calls. If yes, you need to deactivate the suspension.
- Check that you have placed a call or the calling numbers are in accurate dialing format.
In the case of mobile phones can receive Network signal and can receive calls but cannot place calls, solve by;
- Check phone settings if you are using the second line. If yes, you need to switch to first line for second line is only for receiving the calls.
If problem still persists, kindly call +662-202-8100 dtac call center for 24 hour (free of charge when call from dtac and dtac prepaid SIM).